President Bola Tinubu has appointed 20 Federal Commissioners for the National Population Commission (NPC).
According to a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, nine of the Federal Commissioners are being appointed for a second term of office.
The statement further said the President has charged the new and reappointed Commissioners to successfully executive his administration’s measures to generate and appropriate an accurate population database.
“President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of twenty (20) qualified Nigerians to serve as Federal Commissioners in the National Population Commission (NPC) with nine current Federal Commissioners being appointed to a second term in office:
“(1)Hon. Emmanuel Trump Eke — Abia;
(2) Dr. Clifford Zirra — Adamawa (Reappointed);
(3) Mr. Chidi Christopher Ezeoke — Anambra (Reappointed)
(4) Barr. Isa Audu Buratai — Borno (Reappointed)
(5) Bishop Alex Ukam — Cross River
(6) Ms. Blessyn Brume-Ataguba — Delta
(7) Dr. Jeremiah Ogbonna Nwankwegu — Ebonyi
(8) Dr. Tony Aiyejina — Edo (Reappointed)
(9) Mr. Ejike Ezeh — Enugu (Reappointed)
(10) Mr. Abubakar Damburam — Gombe — Reappointed
11) Prof. Uba Nnabue — Imo (Reappointed)
(12) Ms. Sa’adatu Dogon Bauchi Garba — Kaduna
(13) Dr. Aminu Ibrahim Tsanyawa — Kano
(14) Hon. Yori Afolabi — Kogi
(15) Hon. Olakunle Sobukola — Ogun
(16) Hon. Temitayo Oluseye Oluwatuyi — Ondo
(17) Sen. Mudashiru Hussain — Osun (Reappointed)
(18) Ms. Mary Ishaya Afan — Plateau
(19) Mr. Ogiri Itotenaan Henry — Rivers
(20) Mr. Saany Sale — Taraba (Reappointed)
“The President charges the new and returning NPC Federal Commissioners to successfully implement all measures taken by his administration to produce and effectively appropriate accurate population data with which lasting solutions to Nigeria’s socio-political and economic challenges can be conclusively developed and executed,” the statement reads.