Senator Michael Opeyemi Bamidele who represents Ekiti Central has emerged Majority Leader of the 10th Senate,
Here are ten facts about him
1. Bamidele graduated with honours in 1986, from the University of Ife (Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile-Ife with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
2. He also studied at the University of Benin, Edo State where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Degree with honours, in 1990.
3. Bamidele launched into a full-time legal career in 1992.
4. He also obtained a Master of Laws (LL.M) degree from the World-renowned Franklin Pierce Law Centre in the University of New Hampshire Law School, Concord, New Hampshire, USA.
5. Bamidele is an active member of the New York and Nigerian Bar, a Member of the American Bar Association and a Member of the International Bar Association.
6. In June 1992, he contested in the primary elections to the Federal House of Representatives representing Oshodi/Isolo Federal Constituency in Lagos State under the platform of Social Democratic Party.
7. He served as Special Assistant on legal matters to Senator Bola Tinubu
8. He served as Commissioner for Lagos Ministry of Youth, Sports and Social Development in former Governor Bola Tinubu’s administration.
9. He was elected as a member of the 7th National Assembly to represent Ekiti Central federal constituency 1, in April 2011.
10. He has been a member of the 7th, 8th and 9th National Assembly consecutively representing Ekiti Central at the Nigerian Senate.